Return to Article | Print this Page
The Police News
Jury gives Houston man 50 years for attacking worker
Houston

A Houston man was sentenced by a jury to 50 years in prison for an attack in which he robbed, and shot another man in the face and stomach. 

The victim was renovating a home at the time of the attack.

Michael Marshall, 29, was convicted of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon late Tuesday afternoon following a two-day trial in the 337th State District Court.

Marshall found his victim in February 2016 by climbing up a ladder leading to the attic of a modest home on Rietta Street.

Marshall pointed a 9 mm handgun at a man, who for hours had been working to seal the attic and remove old insulation. 

The victim handed over about $150, but a struggle ensued. 

The victim was shot. Marshall fled.

Marshall, who was a suspect in other area robberies, was later arrested after the victim spotted him at a parents’ event at the very same school where his own child had been a student.

Marshall was later secretly recorded discussing the attack by a concerned citizen who knew him.

“Michael Marshall by his very nature is parasitic, he steals the livelihood of those who are productive members of our society,” Assistant District Attorney Christopher Condon said.

“The victim in this case is a hard-working family man and pillar of the community,” Condon said.

“If that bullet had been a mere two inches over, our victim would have died and Marshall would have committed capital murder,” the prosecutor said. “As he later discussed the attack, Marshall showed an utter disregard for human life.”